HL7 stands for Health Level 7. It's a health care communication protocol that's in service in many countries worldwide. In the US, health care organizations also deal with regulatory standards known as HIPAA, which includes regulations for information exchange based on EDI (for the most part).
IT companies that supply health care applications now have the additional worry of having to comply with HL7. The only problem is that there are already many versions in use. Most versions are 2.1 up to and including 2.7 and the latest 3.0 version. But health care applications are written to support one specific version.
So what happens when a number of health care system providers all approach a hospital, and they're all complying with different versions of HL7?
That's where a code-free integration solution like iBOLT (which now has an optimized adaptor for HL7) can help by translating one version to another quickly and efficiently:
- The Hospitals - With iBOLT they can better integrate the various health care applications they already have - to ensure optimal resource allocation for patients as they come through the door. (There are an enormous range of apps in a health care institution that need to be synchronized and integrated - from the logistics of bed provision to patient food supply, specialist medical system, laboratory testing systems, and more.)
- The Health Care IT System Providers - If they've already OEM'd the iBOLT integration solution into their application they stand a better chance of winning the IT project - as they're application is already fully compatible with all other HL7 standards the hospital may be dealing with.
You can find out more by downloading the White Paper:'Improving HL7 Integration for Healthcare Providers'.
Here's a screen shot of iBOLT in action translating one version of HL7 data (Source - on the left side of the screen) to another version (Destination - on the right side of the screen).
The iBOLT system is fast, powerful and very intuitive. It offers the following capabilities for the HL7 environment:
- Translation from non-supported HL7 apps to supported HL7 apps
- From HL7 version 2.x to 2.y
- From whatever API to HL7
- From every HL7 version to an API
- From HL7 to Magic Software connectors (SAP, java, .NET, Portal etc) and vice versa..
- All HL7 supported apps are interchangeable - also with ERP, CRM systems etc..
For more resources go to: